Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I don’t buy everything I read, I haven't even read everything I bought.

above lyric from "This is Where it Ends" by Barenaked Ladies.

Yep, back to the song quotes! Back to the blog too, it seems.

Was supposed to have dinner with my lovely boyfriend tonight, but he hurt his ankle at work. Hope it heals soon. I don't like it when people I care about are in pain.

In reference to the blog title, books. I've done a lot of reading over the past few weeks, some really stellar books.

Here they are, in the order they were finished.

Pledged - Alexandra Robbins : Explores the innerworkings of sorority life. Excellent investigative non-fiction. I recommend it to Greeks and non-Greeks alike.

Night - Elie Weisel : This book was way too short. That's the only downfall. Beautifully written, poignant non-fiction potrayal of the author's life as a teenager in a Nazi concentration camp. It's a really short read, I highly recommend this to anyone.

Fargo Rock City - Chuck Klosterman : CK is my favorite non-fiction music writer. This chronicles his experience growing up as a metalhead in rural North Dakota. This is actually my least favorite of all the books he's written, but it's still good. I recommend this one to ANY music fan, especially metalheads.

Still working on :
Naked - David Sedaris : Hope to get this one done in the next day or two. It's a non-fiction book dealing with life experiences of the author. Humorous and really catching.

Magical Thinking - Augusten Burroughs -- another book in the vein of David Sedaris type writing. Like Sedaris, Burroughs is a gay man with many stories to tell. However, unlike Sedaris, Burroughs has had quite the exciting life. I recommend this one highly.

The Dark Tower V : Wolves of the Calla - Stephen King -- The ONLY fiction book of the bunch. This one is getting pretty good. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. So much better than Wizards and Glass.

**If anyone would like to borrow any books from The Andrea Library, do let me know**

Guys, I'm really happy. I have jobs and am making money. I'm trying to sub as much as possible. My friends are really great. And I have a wonderful boyfriend who inspires me so much and makes me happy. You should all be so proud of yourselves, because you're wonderful people. And I love you all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do.

Turn the page,
ANDREA

No comments: