Monday, April 09, 2007

With love, and patience, and with faith, she'll make her way.

above lyric from 'Wonder' by Natalie Merchant

I hope everyone had a hippity hoppity happy Easter. I did. Did the whole family thing and it was good. Had way too much to eat and felt bloated, but content, for the rest of the evening.

I've really gotten into two bands recently -- meaning that they've been running through my heads on an alternating basis. The first is Gym Class Heroes. They're an alternative hip-hop band that's really good. They have that song that samples Supertramp. Their song is called Cupid's Chokehold. I downloaded a bunch of their stuff for Jason and eventually, got into it myself.

The second is not a band, but just a singer. Her name is Amy Winehouse and she's awesome. She's an English jazz and soul singer. Her voice is so gravelly and rough, but she sounds like a modern day Sarah Vaughn. She's a total badass too. I had heard about her and didn't want to like her, but ended up falling in love with her song 'Rehab'. It's such a good song. Been in my head all day.

I've also been rediscovering my love for Madonna. I downloaded a bunch of it the other day, because I'm lame and I can. I've been in a real chick music sort of mood. Hence the Natalie Merchant quote as the title of this blog. Dunno what's wrong with me.

How many times do I have to continue touching upon this before people will listen. If you have a problem with me, please come to me. Gossping about it to others isn't going to help matters whatsoever. I don't want to go to the movies every weekend. I don't want to go somewhere and watch others get drunk when I can eat at home or somewhere cheaper and have just as much fun. What ever happened to game nights?

If you aren't happy with my relationship, then tell me. Don't expect me to just realize it myself. I've heard just a few people tell me how happy I look and how happy they are for me. I've had only a few people be supportive of me -- so thank you Joe and Jason, Marie, Steve, Heather, Nate, and Scuba. Pat yourselves on the back and if I had any cookies, I'd give you one. The rest of you are making my life quite difficult and adding unneeded stress to my relationship. If you have a problem, talk to me about it. That is the last time I'm saying it. If you don't like Damian, tell me. Maybe I don't hang out because I don't want to see the movie you're seeing or because I'm sick of seeing movies. What about a barbecue? Or going to City Museum, or the park? What about other fun stuff around this city that we never ever do.

And that's the last time I'm saying it.

ANDREA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

City park etc sounds great.

I love the Demon (send us pizza)
best damn thing thats ever happened to you (second is moving away from your mum)