Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yep.

So here, I am. Back once again to the familiar confines of Blogger. My friend, I have missed you so. Sorry to be so neglectful.

Welcome to all my readers on Facebook! Feel free to leave comments (i.e. make fun of me, yell at me, do whatever).

Things have been getting better in Andrea-land. While I'm not completely over Damian and the shock of my relationship breaking up so suddenly, I'm getting stronger by the day. I still do have my moments though. Moments where I just want to curl up into a tiny ball and cry on my couch. I did that the other day and it felt pretty good. However, other days, I'm back to my old happy, funny, tragically nerdy self and that feels pretty damn wonderful as well. Still don't trust guys. Still have a wall around me. It's a defense mechanism.

Work is good. Sometimes though, I still feel like the new person, even though I've been there quite a while now. Only a few people go out of their way to talk to me. I never really get invited anywhere. I'm not quite sure what others think about me. Of course, I've always been that way, kinda insecure, kinda neurotic. I'm not hot like 90% of the people who work there. I'm not a drinker or a partier. I just thought that by now, people would have made a concerted effort to get to know me and like what they saw. So what if I'm not gorgeous and skinny and I don't define my life by how fucked up I get of an evening. I don't have a lot of money. I have horrible fashion sense, but you know what? I'm okay with that. I'm okay with who I am. I have some of the greatest friends in the world, who don't care about all that superficial bullshit. I thought I left all the high school stuff behind. Oh well, I was used to being the social outcast there too, so I just have to learn how to do it once again.

This blog was going somewhere, but I got all tangential on your asses and it kinda went off track. I'm tired. I'm spent. Long day.

Peace.

-A

No comments: